National consultant on procurement reform facilitation
- Вид занятости:
- неполная занятость
- Опыт работы от 5 лет, высшее образование
Project: Procurement Support Services to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Starting Date:(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jun-2016
Expected Duration of assignment: Till October 30, 2016
The Government of Ukraine is in urgent need to secure the availability of the State Programme medicines and essential health commodities at affordable prices and in sufficient quantities. Acknowledging the challenges of the State procurement and supply management system and following recently adopted legislation, allowing the selected international organizations to provide procurement support services, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine has requested the UN to support the procurement and distribution of a number of 2015 State Programme medicines and other medical products as an emergency measure.
UNDP in Ukraine is fully committed to play this role in resolving the immediate crisis and to support the Ministry of Health of Ukraine in its medium and long-term efforts to reform its procurement and supply management system. UNDP brings its extensive expertise in establishing procurement systems corresponding to the highest standards of transparency, accountability, cost-efficiency, equity and sustainability.
UNDP together with other UN Agencies (UNICEF and WHO) developed a Joint Project aimed at strengthening the national health care procurement system and thereby improving the effectiveness of diagnosis and treatment of patients in Ukraine. Additionally to the procurement of medicines and medical products for the National Public Health Programmes for 2015, UNDP plans (through this project) to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Health to ensure transparency, accountability and effectiveness of the public procurement in the health sphere and support the procurement reform efforts.
The Consultant will be responsible for facilitation of the working group of the MOH on reforming public procurement and assistance in developing and adopting the Strategy on procurement reform in healthcare sector.
UNDP seeks an Individual Consultant to provide technical support and expertise to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine in facilitating the working group on procurement reform and developing the Strategy and action plan on procurement reform.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Provide technical support and expertise to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine in facilitating the stakeholder’s participation in development and implementation the Strategy and action plan on procurement reform in the healthcare sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the call of the MOH facilitate the meetings and share experience among the members of the working group on health procurement reform of the MOH.
- Provide support to participatory strategic planning and implementation efforts of procurement reform in public health, by facilitating problem analysis and coordinating the strategic planning process with public and civil society institutions, private sector and government representatives.
- Coordinate the adoption of the Concept note of the Strategy on procurement reform in public health, ensure its legal adoption and follow up.
- Develop and present the action plan based on the most recent inter-agency (UNICEF, UNDP, WHO) Mission Report and other relevant documents and analysis.
- Support discussion between all relevant partners on medical stock management and e-health possibilities and present the latest achievements of the medical stock management platform.
- Assist in arranging capacity building activities, site visits of the international experts related to the procurement reform efforts targeting national government, civil society and business organizations
- Assist in coordination between all key partners and stakeholders, on establishing an external, independent entity for the public procurement of the medical products.
- Based on the international practices and experience provide expertise and inputs to the developed laws, policies, regulations and/or normative acts.
- Participate in the meetings, round tables and seminars to ensure technical support and representation of national UNDP expertise among all national and international stakeholders.
- Maintain other duties on legal provision and expertise for UNDP country office.
- Understanding of, and preferably experience with, government functioning, budgeting and systems;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities skills;
- Proactivity and ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Excellent usage of computers and office software packages.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Specialist or Masters' degree in Law, Health, Political Science, Public Administration or other relevant areas.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the field of law, social or health policy.
- At least one year experience in delivering capacity development, advisory and advocacy services to the central government bodies or institutions, parliament or oblast public administration in the field of public procurement.
- Work experience in public sector institutions and/or in UN system will be an asset;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, English is required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 25 MAY 2016
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.