PYTHON / DJANGO DEVELOPER
Booktype GmbH is part of the nonprofit Sourcefabric that builds open source tools for media organisations and companies all over the world. Our Booktype team is looking for a Python developer who is also familiar with the Django web framework.
WHAT IS BOOKTYPE?
Booktype is an open source platform to create books in different formats for print AND electronic publishing. Built in the spirit of «Single Source Publishing» Booktype is used by NGOs like Amnesty International as well as commercial companies like BoD — Books on Demand. Due to its great success, we are looking for freelancers to support us in high workload phases.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
We offer you the opportunity to work with an international team, in good spirits and on a meaningful open source projects.
You will be helping to finalise the current 2.0 version and start the work on 2.1. You will also work with clients and be available to the community.
As part of a successful open source project your code will live on and you will get exposure in the wider open source development world. Kudos!
Being based in Germany (Berlin) or the Czech Republic (Prague) would be an advantage, but the right candidate with the right skills could also be based in other locations in Europe. Your team of Booktype Developers are based in Croatia, Ukraine and Nicaragua. To coordinate and communicate we use Jira, HipChat & Co.
DID WE ALREADY TALK ABOUT YOUR SKILLS?
Primarily you need to be a good software developer and understand web app development.
The following skills are requested:
- Python / Django Framework
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ (not essential, but would be a great add-on)
- Knowledge about EPUB, MOBI, PDF, ebook formats and ebook production in general would be a great advantage.
… AND ON TOP OF THAT?
- A computer science degree or professional experience with software projects for at least two years would be nice.
- Fluent in English.
- You are a team player and have a strong work ethic.
- Full knowledge of the software development life cycle to make rough estimates quickly based on the business requirements, and make detailed estimates after technical design is complete.
- Experience to compose technical specifications and architecture as well as review the specs of others and provide useful feedback.
- Passion to see code that is maintainable, readable, minimal, correct, documented, modular, and beautiful.
- No problems to review code, see defects easily, and give useful feedback.
- Writing unit tests, comments for your code and documentation for end-users is an essential part of the role.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU???
We’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume and cover letter (max. two pages) via mail to email@example.com. It would be appreciated if you also send code samples and screenshots in addition to your CV. We will get back to you for an interview with our CTO and then the team.
Сейчас открытых вакансий нет.