Field Officer (Water Engineering)
- Международный Комитет Красного Креста
- Вид зайнятості:
- повна зайнятість
- Досвід роботи від 2 років, вища освіта
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence.
The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 13,000 field staff.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/
WATER AND HABITAT FIELD OFFICER
specialized in WATER ENGINEERING
Based in Lugansk
AIM OF THE POSITION
Water and habitat staff provide support in all engineering aspects and have expertise in urban water supplies, sanitation and hygiene, environmental health, hydraulic engineering, hydrogeology, electricity, civil engineering, architecture.
The position will coordinate ICRC assistance to water infrastructure projects in the Lugansk area. He will elaborate bill of quantities and description of projects. Specific knowledges are expected in the domain of: pumps and pipes sizing for urban water network, production and treatment of drinkable water, treatment of waste water. He will inform the Engineer in charge about the local situation.
For more information; visit our site. https://www.icrc.org/eng/what-we-do/water-habitat/overview-water-and-habitat.htm
- Is in charge of a Water and Habitat Project: plans, organises and monitors the implementation of the project, as per given objectives.
- Supervises, coaches the technical staff working for the project.
- Drafts written report in relation to the project and Water and Habitat programs in general and evaluate their performances.
- Assist the program responsible / Water & Habitat Engineer in assessing the Water & Habitat needs.
- Follows up the project expenses and ensure the budget for the project is not overspent.
- Executes administrative and office work related to the project.
- Maintains contact with municipal authorities, and suppliers.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
- Is qualified and registered professional;
- Higher Education (University or Institute). Preferably hydraulic or hydrogeology;
- 2 years work experience in hydraulic or hydrogeology;
- Knowledge of standards and rules in water domains;
- Knowledge of the water infrastructures in Lugansk area;
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Good computer literacy (Excel/Word/Epanet).
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field;
- Ability to work under minor supervision;
- Good rigor, method and analytical skills;
- Capacity to adhere to and to implement procedure;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Good team player.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter by 20.02.2017
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.