Agronomist, Economic Security Field Officer
- Международный Комитет Красного Креста
- Вид занятости:
- полная занятость
- Опыт работы от 2 лет, высшее образование
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 13,000 field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 300 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Sloviansk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, Donetsk, Luhansk and Odesa.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/
(Economic Security Field Officer)
Based in Severodonetsk
AIM OF THE POSITION
• Supports current and future projects in the agro/livestock sector;
• Collects and compiles information according to a given procedure;
• Supports Economic Security (EcoSec) Delegate in understanding the national and regional agro/livestock sector (network, key contact, etc.) of Ukraine
• Under the supervision of EcoSec Delegate, performs required agro/livestock and all other assessment if needed (e.g. needs assessment, vulnerability assessment, etc.) and reports on findings;
• Supports EcoSec Delegate in planning of all agro/livestock activities;
• Contributes in the implementation and follow-up of a project (within the department);
• Maintains contacts with external interlocutors such as authorities at municipal level, local URCS Branches, suppliers, etc.
• Makes written reporting on the activities;
• Translates non-institutional documents;
• Contributes to the EcoSec database entry.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
• College or University gladuate ;
• Good general knowledge in agronomy science (bachelor degree as a minimum or 5 years of experience in the agro sector);
• 2 years work experience in a similar field of activity, such as agro-sector;
• Good knowledge of spoken and written English are a must;
• Good computer knowledge are an asset;
• Capacity to adhere to and to implement procedures;
• Rigor, method and analytical skills;
• Good general knowledge of Ukrainian agriculture/breeding sector;
• Good knowledge of Ukrainian gardening and livestock system (small and medium size;)
• Good agro system observation and analysis skills;
• Experience in design and animation of training will be consider as an asset (especially if in agro/livestock sector).
• Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field;
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and take initiative;
• Ability to work under minor supervision;
• Good communication skills;
• Good negotiation skills ;
• Assertiveness and enthusiasm;
• Strong sense of responsibility;
• Good team player.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter by 13.02.2016
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.