Java Team Lead for Thomas Cook
- Ciklum VIP
- Вид зайнятості:
- повна зайнятість
On behalf of Thomas Cook (https://www.thomascook.com/), Ciklum is looking for Java Team Lead to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
Our product team is very strong, and proposes exciting features. Marketing, optimization and analytics teams will work with us making sure we deliver all requested features they need in order to make our website the most amazing travel platform in the world.
Thomas Cook AG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Thomas Cook Group plc. The company bundles the Group’s tourism activities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The leisure airline Condor also belongs to Thomas Cook AG.
Thomas Cook is the second largest provider of tourism services and products in Germany. In the tour operator market, Thomas Cook caters for the full range of tourism services for different target groups. Leading brands — Neckermann Reisen with its broad range of holidays at great value for money, Thomas Cook with its offerings for discriminating individualists, the last-minute specialist Bucher and the no-frills operator Air Marin — offer holidays specifically tailored to each customer group. The whole product portfolio of the German operators Neckermann Reisen and Thomas Cook Reisen is offered by Thomas Cook Austria AG in the Austrian tourism market and is marketed in Austria through all channels, such as travel agencies, the Internet and call centres. The German operators' products are marketed in Switzerland by the subsidiary Thomas Cook Service AG (SAG). They can be booked in more than 1,000 travel agencies and via a call centre.
- Champion agile values and to drive the team through continual improvement
- Help the team meet professional challenges, advice on best approaches, do 1:2:1 sessions, do personal development planning, facilitate knowledge sharing across the team
- Providing thought partnership with business and product owners in translating high value business ideas into beautiful and innovative software solutions
- Providing technical excellence and leadership on team to ensure quality first mindset, simple architecture and highest code quality
- Writing great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g., DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Reviewing code and providing mentorship to other developers in agile team
- Share knowledge with other developers (and beyond), help advance Thomas Cook technical culture through presentations and other social initiatives
- Practice and knowledge of Scrum
- Proven experience as a leader of development team
- Ready to share responsibility for the team deliverables
- Backend: Java 8, Spring 3.X, Mule ESB
- Testing: JUnit, TestNG, Jasmine, Protractor, Cucumber
- DBs: MySQL, MongoDB
- Others: Maven, Github, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, XSD, XML, JSON
Experience with the following would be an advantage: Front end: AngularJS, Bootstrap, SASS, Handlebars, Nodejs.
- Good attitude to people management practices
- Persistent focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Excellent personal and communication skills with the ability to influence senior business, developers and IT executives on agile quality culture and best practices
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams.
Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and «Cross the Borders» together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to [надіслати резюме]