Middle Node.js Developer for Thomas Cook Integration Team
- Ciklum VIP
- Вид занятости:
- полная занятость
- Опыт работы от 2 лет
On behalf of Thomas Cook (https://www.thomascook.com/), Ciklum is looking for Middle Node.js Developer to join Kiev team on full-time basis.
Thomas Cook AG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Thomas Cook Group plc. The company bundles the Group’s tourism activities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The leisure airline Condor also belongs to Thomas Cook AG.
Thomas Cook is the second largest provider of tourism services and products in Germany. In the tour operator market, Thomas Cook caters for the full range of tourism services for different target groups. Leading brands — Neckermann Reisen with its broad range of holidays at great value for money, Thomas Cook with its offerings for discriminating individualists, the last-minute specialist Bucher and the no-frills operator Air Marin — offer holidays specifically tailored to each customer group. The whole product portfolio of the German operators Neckermann Reisen and Thomas Cook Reisen is offered by Thomas Cook Austria AG in the Austrian tourism market and is marketed in Austria through all channels, such as travel agencies, the Internet and call centres. The German operators' products are marketed in Switzerland by the subsidiary Thomas Cook Service AG (SAG). They can be booked in more than 1,000 travel agencies and via a call centre.
The team is responsible for integration solutions to be used by number of internally developed applications. The work will consist mostly of writing backend microservices which will integrate external and internal services, and the integration business logic. This can vary from internally used systems and APIs (Content, Solr, Papi, Bapi, WebRio, …) to services used within the company (finance systems, external content systems, …) to external partners (sending data over to partners, affiliates, …). The microservices are based on open source framework, which was built internally and will need to be updated and maintained by the team. Most work will be backend work, but there will be integrations which will require some sort of business input for which an (internally used) UI will be required. Work process will be the scrum/agile process used by the other teams as well (2 week sprints, 2-week delivery, testers in the team, DevOps in the team to automate deployment and the usual ceremonies).
• Building backend applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond
• Writing great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g., DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
• Work together with Java developers in the same team and help them to work with Node.js
• Experience designing and building large scale Node.js applications
• Expert in writing and deploying large scale Node.js codebases with significant experiences in building/maintaining continuous integration and deployment environments (e.g., Chef/Puppet, Jenkins, etc.)
• Strong background in test driven development, automated testing and other software engineering best practices (e.g., performance, security, DDD, etc.)
• Experience in using open source technologies and eager to learn new technologies
• 3+ years of general programming experience
• Knowledge or experience in other JVM languages (Groovy, Scala, Clojure)
• Knowledge or experience in Functional programming
• Experience with client side Java Script (e.g. Angular.js)
• Experience with Npm, Hapi.js, Express.js, MongoDB, Mocha/Tape/WebDriver
• Experience writing services oriented code (e.g. RESTful), API services
• Experiences developing RESTful API services (http, caching) and using both relational and nonrelational datastores (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Riak, etc.)
• Experience using search engines (e.g. Apache SOLR)
What’s in it for you?
• Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform
• State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
• Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
• Competitive salary
• Career and professional growth
• Possibility to work in a big and successful company
• Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Established in 2002, Ciklum is a leading Danish supplier of technical personnel and teams, software development and agile business consulting to high growth companies globally. Ciklum currently employs more than 2500 specialists in our offices and technical development centers in Ukraine and Belarus.
Ciklum is recognized as CeBIT 2010 Top 20 innovative company delivering services/products for small and medium sized companies, and named the 2010, 2011 and 2012 Top 100 Global Services provider. Most recently Gartner Inc. named Ciklum as a «Cool Vendor» in its «Cool Vendors in Application Services, 2013» report.
Unlike the traditional project outsourcing model, we help over 200 of our clients establish their own development centers in one of our nearshore development locations where they outsource, completely or partially, their software development. This is the equivalent of having your in-house IT specialists, but for a significantly lower cost and with less administrative nuisances.
Ciklum clients can gain control over their IT processes and systems and get more value from the resources they already have. We surround each client team with knowledge sharing activities to foster a profitable and productive work environment during their entire outsourcing experience, including social events, strong infrastructure, financial and administrative support, QA and Agile, Business and DevOps consulting services.
Join Ciklum and «Cross the Borders» together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to [отправить резюме]