Monitoring and Evaluation officer (M&E)
- Médecins du Monde
- Вид занятости:
- полная занятость
- Опыт работы от 2 лет, высшее образование
I. Main objectives of the position
Under the supervision of the Medical Coordinator and with support from the MdM team, the Monitoring and Evaluation officer (M&E) is in charge of properly compiling data and statistics of the mission, as well as systematizing the mission tools for data collection.
The M&E officer will work with the technical coordinators and Mobile Units staff in order to ensure that adequate procedures are implemented and accurate data is delivered.
- M&E officer will help develop monitor key performance indicators to report and record progress for specific activities of the mission.
- Identify the M&E training needs of the mission team and work with the team to plan and implement training that meets these needs.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing database collection and data management and propose solutions.
- Support the coordination team in implementing MdM Mission tools such as the Monitool
- Support the implementation and collection of data for the Gender Based Violence Information Management System (GBVIMS)
- Monitor data quality (including the means of verifications) and track the progress of activities. Informing staff on relevant issues regarding M&E
- Monitor the indicators data throughout the duration of the project
- To propose strategies to improve data use and collection procedures
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within field teams
- S/he also will read regular project progress reports and will collaborate with the Reporting Officer and Coordinators to prepare monthly, quarterly and final narrative reports by working closely together with implementation mission’s team.
- Assist mission team in stablishing M&E work plans and targets during the drafting of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation.
- To provide accurate data for the elaboration of SitRep every three weeks
- Help improve data accuracy of the daily/weekly/monthly morbidity reports (MUs)
- Document the lessons learned and best practices of the activities from M&E point of view.
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information and data
- Provide data and information regarding activities always when necessary
- Ensure that donor, partner and mission management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by staff and to verify its accuracy.
- Coordinate and provide refresher M&E training for program staff as needed
- Coach, train, and mentor MU staff with the aim of strengthening their data collection and reporting
II. Hierarchical & Functional Links
Hierarchical link: Medical Coordinator
Functional links: Mental Health Coordinator and Reporting Officer
Based in Kyiv with regular visits to Severodonetsk .
III. Background of the candidate
Experience in similar roles
Experience in managing databases
Russian/Ukrainian — Fluent
English — Fluent
Excellent knowledge of Pack Office (word, excel, access)
Qualifications & Skills required:Degree in Social Sciences and/or Computer SciencesAt least 1 to 2 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential), preferably in non-for-profit sectorPrevious experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative evaluations (surveys, social studies, technical papers etc…)Previous experience working with international companies (business or non-for-profit)Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports Knowledge of M&E and statistics tools (Excel, SPSS or other databases, etc…) and Logical FrameworkExcellent level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative and qualitative analysisAbility to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlinesNecessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context,Flexibility to adapt to changing requirementsDemonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
Personal skills required:Ability to listen and share decisions Sense of humourAbility to communicate and make good working relationship with Mission teamKeenness to learnTeam playerTo adopt and follow MdM code of conduct