Ex-ante Verification Officer (UALC 06)
- The European Union Advisory Mission for Civilian Security Sector Reform-Ukraine (EUAM-Ukraine)
- Вид занятости:
- полная занятость
- Опыт работы от 5 лет, высшее образование
The Ex-ante Verification Officer will report functionally to the Head of Mission in the development and implementation ofadministrative and financial policies and will report administratively to the Chief of Staff.As part of the Financial Cell, s/he will contribute to the efficient and effective running of the ex-ante audit tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Ex-ante Verification Officer will be required, in accordance with the EUAM Mandate, Code of Conduct and the General Service Conditions for locally recruited Staff members, to perform the following tasks:
- Perform, in coordination with the Mission Support Department, ex-ante checks;
- Verify operational and financial aspects of each transaction;
- Control that each expense is in line with criteria of eligibility as well as the applicable EU rules and regulations;
- Provide financial data to the Head of Mission Support Department in relation to budget utilization;
- Control that each requisite is in line with the Mission Financing Agreement and the regulatory framework (Financial regulations, Mission Guide, European Commission’s note on representation expenses and other applicable regulations);
- Check and confirm, prior to the initial launch of tender procedure and before the signature of contracts, that the relevant EU rules are duly respected;
- Translate verification related documents from local languages to English and vice versa;
- Deal with information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Perform any other task as requested by his/her Line Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Enjoy full civil rights and do not have criminal record;
- Be in possession of Ukrainian citizenship and/or of a (still) valid residence and work permits according to Ukrainian laws;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- Successful completion of a full course of university studies attested by a degree in Audit, Economics, Finance, Accounting or banking and Insurance or a closely related field of study, where the normal duration of university education in the country awarded is four (4) years or more;
- After having obtained the university degree, at least five (5) years of relevant and proven full-time professional experience in the private and/or public sector in Audit, or Project Management or accountancy and/or book-keeping.
- Be physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post;
- Excellent communication skills of English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Very good knowledge and experience of Office applications and budget, accounting or Human Resources software’s;
- Experience in positions requiring analytical and organizational skills, with a service- and project-oriented approach;
- Excellent experience of using data for preparing reports.
Additional advantageous assets:
- Experience of working in an intercultural environment, with respect of diversity.
- Professional experience in an EU and/or International environment;
- Knowledge of EU Financial Regulation and Implementing Rules.
- Have strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- To focus on priorities, to monitor and evaluate procedures and processes;
- To deliver work on time and to agreed standards, even under pressure;
- To build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members.
To apply for the position and see more details please follow the link: http://euam-ukraine.eu/en/what-we-do/jobs • Local Vacancies
You should be informed that according to EUAM-Ukraine Local Staff Application Procedure, only the applications using the standard Application Form (http://euam-ukraine.eu/en/what-we-do/jobs ) will be considered.
Any other CV’s/applications, including those sent through Work.ua web-site or other source, will not be considered.