Procurement Officer (UALS 32, 34)
- The European Union Advisory Mission for Civilian Security Sector Reform-Ukraine (EUAM-Ukraine)
- Вид занятости:
- полная занятость
- Опыт работы от 5 лет, высшее образование
The Procurement Officer will report to the Chief Procurement Unit. As part of the Procurement Unit, s/he will contribute to the efficient and effective running of the Procurement Unit tasks and the Mission Support Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will be required, in accordance with the EUAM Mandate, Code of Conduct and the General Service Conditions for locally recruited Staff members, to perform the following tasks:
- Assist the Chief Procurement Unit on contracting and procurement issues and drafting procurement documents;
- Use legally established professional, transparent and competitive procurement policies and procedures in accordance with EU legislation and regulations to ensure that the best value for money is obtained;
- Make pre-selection of local suppliers as required in purchase orders, be point of contact with them in procurement procedures;
- Maintain updated database of suppliers and ensure that all required documentation of the suppliers is kept updated accordingly;
- Provide assistance to the mission members related with all contracting and procurement matters;
- Translate procurement related documents from local languages to English and vice versa;
- Deal with information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Perform any other task as requested by his/her Line Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Enjoy full civil rights and do not have criminal record;
- Be in possession of Ukrainian citizenship and/or of a (still) valid residence and work permits according to Ukrainian laws;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- Successful completion of a full course of university studies attested by a degree in Law, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance or a relevant field, where the normal duration in the country awarded is three (3) years or more and attested by a diploma;
- After having obtained the university degree, at least five (5) years of relevant and proven full-time professional experiencerelated to Procurement in the private and/or public sector.
- Be physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post;
- Excellent communication skills of English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Very good knowledge and experience of MS Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Very good knowledge of public and international procurement rules and principles;
- Experience in positions requiring analytical and organizational skills, with a service- and project-oriented approach;
- Good experience of using data for preparing reports;
- Ability to focus on priorities, to monitor and evaluate procedures and processes;
- Ability to deliver work on time and to agreed standards, even under pressure.
Additional advantageous assets:
- Professional experience in an EU and/or International environment;
- Experience of working in an intercultural environment, with respect of diversity;
- Professional qualification in Procurement management.
- Have strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- Ability to build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members,
- Ability to work methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
- Used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously with colleagues and as part of a team, with respect to diversity;
- Punctuality, commitment to quality, ability to perform under stress, attention to detail, solid work ethics, willingness to work flexible working hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts.
To apply for the position and see more details please follow the link: http://euam-ukraine.eu/en/what-we-do/jobs • Local Vacancies
You should be informed that according to EUAM-Ukraine Local Staff Application Procedure, only the applications using the standard Application Form (http://euam-ukraine.eu/en/what-we-do/jobs ) will be considered.
Any other CV’s/applications, including those sent through Work.ua web-site or other source, will not be considered.